The Brenda O’Neill Memorial Scholarship Draw has a prize fund of €9,000 which is awarded each year in early November for students of both third level and PLC courses. All you need is to be a member and be starting a Third Level or PLC course for the first time in 2019 to be eligible.
- Applications must be completed in full and signed by the applicant.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is close of business on Saturday 26th October 2019.
- The draw will take place on Tuesday, 12th November 2019.
- Eligible entrants will be notified by letter in advance of the date of the draw.
- Only those commencing a Third Level Course for the first time in 2019 are eligible
Third Level Prizes
1st Prize - €1,500 x 3
2nd Prize - €1,000
3rd Prize - €500
4th Prize - €500
5th Prize - €500
6th Prize - €500
Prizes – PLC/Level 5 Scholarship
1st Prize - €1,000
2nd Prize - €500
- The Enniscorthy Credit Union Scholarship is open to any student starting a full time Irish Third Level Course that has minimum 2 year duration or a Irish Third Level PLC/Level 5 Course that has minimum 1 year duration.
- Application must be accompanied by a letter from the college verifying student’s registration and that it is their first year in College.
- Please Note: A CAO OFFER IS NOT SUFFICIENT EVIDENCE TO QUALIFY FOR THE DRAW
- The scholarship is open to students who are members of Enniscorthy Credit Union.
- An announcement and photographs will be circulated to the local press for publication. This will also appear on our website and Facebook.
- The student entered in the draw must be either present at the holding of the draw, or be represented by a family member at the holding of the draw. Otherwise the entry will be disqualified.
- Payment of 2nd and 3rd elements of bursary in this competition will be dependent on:
- Student maintaining satisfactory progress in the course they are doing; or
- If the initial course is only a two year duration that they continue on to the next level on the National Framework of Qualifications.
The decision of the Board of Directors of Enniscorthy Credit Union Ltd will be final.
Terms and Conditions apply.
We would advise parents and students looking to finance third level education, be it through a loan or a savings plan, to contact us here at Enniscorthy Credit Union.
Tell anyone you know who is starting a course this year to get their applications in - for more information check out the application forms which are available in all offices and can be downloaded here