MEMBER NOTICE :RE STERLING (GBP) CHEQUES
· New Bank of England regulations will require Sterling (GBP) Cheques to be written by the payer in black ink only.
· Cheques that are written in any other colour ink will cease to be accepted or processed.
· For those in regular receipt of these type of cheques please inform your payer of this forthcoming requirement and request that all cheques are in black ink.
· All cheques must be of good visual quality and must be intact - cheques presented that are torn, damaged, creased or written on or that are illegible cannot be accepted
· If the image quality is poor you will need to obtain a replacement cheque
Apologies for any inconvenience that this causes to our members, these are Image Clearing System requirements and are beyond our control.