The Credit Union Art Competition 2022 is here! The theme for this year’s Credit Union Art Competition is ‘It’s A Wonderful World’.
This year’s theme gives participants the opportunity to present their own interpretation of the magic in the world and what must be done to keep it this way. The competition invites participants to create artworks that depict the theme and explore through their own unique lens the beauty and wonder of the world.
The Credit Union Art Competition, now in its 39th year, is dedicated to supporting and developing the arts in Irish society. The credit union has always had a keen commitment in promoting and encouraging involvement in the arts across communities and this is an important message we want to spread.
The competition is free to enter. There are no age limits and it is open to aged seven years and under right through to 18 years and over. There is also an additional needs category. Winners at local level will go on to a regional level, and regional winners will progress to the national awards ceremony in February 2023.
This year’s closing dates for each stage of the competition are as follows:
Credit Union Level
Friday 21st October
Friday 18th November
National Final Level
Monday 5th December
The winning entries from stage one will be passed to Chapter for adjudication at a regional (second) stage before the winners only at this level are forwarded to the Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU) for final (national) judging.
We would like to wish all everyone the best of luck in the competition and look forward to seeing all your artwork.
1. As this is an Art Competition, there is no need for the artist to illustrate the text of the theme on the art piece. What we are looking for is how they interpret the theme through their art.
2. All entries must be submitted in either A3 (420 x 297mm) or A2 (594 x 420mm) and in landscape orientation. Other sizes and portrait oriented entries will be disqualified from adjudication.
3. The competition seeks to encourage young artists to draw or paint on this year’s theme, using pencil, charcoal, pen or ink, felt-tip markers, crayon, pastel, water colours, gouache, acrylics, oils, poster colour or collage.
4. Entrants may only submit one entry and it must be accompanied by a fully completed entry form and returned by the notified closing date.
5. Entry forms must be securely attached to the back of each individual entry art work.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.