We are Hiring
Friday, September, 9th, 2022 in Credit Union News
Loans and Mortgage Underwriter
Contract Status: Full Time 5 days per week, Permanent Contract
Reporting to: Head of Lending/CEO
Reporting directly to the Head of Lending and to the CEO, the Loans and Mortgage Underwriter will have key responsibility to support prospective mortgage members helping them get mortgage ready, preparing quality mortgage applications and underwriting the applications for consideration by the Loan Committee. This role will include all aspects of lending in accordance with Enniscorthy Credit Unions Lending Policies, supporting our Head of Lending in all aspects of credit applications and assessments.
Enniscorthy Credit Union would see the successful candidate:
• Underwrite loans to members in accordance with lending policy and procedures, operating strictly within the specified limits of authority, practicing responsible lending in accordance with the credit union ethos and working closely with the credit union Head of Lending.
• Complete all aspects of mortgage lending, from mortgage preparation support through to drawdown.
• This role requires very strong attention to detail, admin/organisational skills backed by exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with members on complex points in simple language.
• Actively promote Enniscorthy Credit Union in the community as a lender of choice.
• Consult with the wider CU team, including the management team, credit control, operations, and marketing functions.
The successful candidate will have:
• Previous lending experience, with previous mortgage lending experience essential. Business, Agri and personal lending experience would also be desirable.
• Strong people skills, with the ability to coach, mentor and guide the development of colleagues within the lending team, and to work effectively with other team members
• Strong interpersonal and communication (both spoken and written) skills
• Good IT skills
• Experience in, or an understanding of, the credit union sector in Ireland
• Satisfy current ‘minimum competence’ requirements for lending as set by the Central Bank of Ireland for the credit union sector and be willing to undertake further training to achieve those requirements that may be updated/amended from time to time. A relevant financial services lending qualification, such as APA loans and/or QFA (or equivalent).
Applications should include a cover letter and CV and can be sent by email only to:
Closing Date for Applications: 20th September 2022
Enniscorthy Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Enniscorthy Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland