Fraud Awareness Week
Monday, November, 14th, 2022 in Credit Union News
We are running an awareness campaign this week for Fraud Awareness Week, we will be texting a key message regarding Fraud everyday this week.
In light of the fact that we’re coming into the busiest shopping time of the year with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and the copious amounts of online Christmas shopping that will take place, we are uging our members to stay Fraud Aware and Stay Safe online.
- Do not click on a link or attachment from unsolicited emails or text messages.
- If you think you have responded to a scam text message, contact us immediately.
- Contact MYCU using the number on the back of your debit card.
- Never use phone numbers in a text message as this could be a fake number.
- Never give away personal information, bank card payment details, account details or security details such as your PIN or online password to anyone.
- Never to click on links or give information.
Anyone can be the target of financial fraud and scams, and at any time. Your best defence is to stay informed, alert, and secure.