Updated Documentation Required

Updated Documentation Required

Wednesday, June, 28th, 2017 in Credit Union News

Under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing) Acts 2010 & 2013, and other relevant legislation, Enniscorthy Credit Union is required by law to collect documentation to verify our Members’ identity and their residential address. In order to comply, we are currently updating our member database and require your assistance.
You can check at your credit union next time you are in to see if we have your up to date details. We need 3 forms of ID, one from each list below:
1. Evidence of Identification: (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo). Please provide one of the following:

  • Current valid Passport
  • Current valid Driver’s Licence
  • Current valid National Identity Card
  • Age Card issued by An Garda Síochána with Birth Cert (up to age 25)
  • Original Birth Certificate for all U16 members (with parents ID)

2. Acceptable Proof of Address: Please provide one of the following, (must show address where you currently live and be dated within the last six months) :

  • Original Utility Bill (e.g. Gas, Electric, Phone, Refuse Collection, etc.)
  • Original Statement from a Financial Institution (e.g. Bank, Building Society, An Post, etc.)
  • Official correspondence from the Government/Revenue Commissioners
  • Household or Motor Insurance Policy or Insurance Certificate

3. Acceptable Proof of PPS

  • Payslip
  • Medical Card
  • GP Visit Card
  • European Health Insurance Card
  • Documentation from Revenue/Dept of Social Protection

Note: We cannot accept the Irish Public Services card as a form of ID. 
The document you provide as proof of address must list your full name, your current residential address and be dated within the past 6 months. Please bring the original documents and we will copy them for you.  
We are aware that this request may be inconvenient for you, but we hope you will understand that we have a duty to comply with the Act.
If you have any queries or need to seek any clarification in relation what form of acceptable documentation you can provide, please call in to any of our offices.
Thank You